Saturday, September 8, 2012

My pregnancy

Well, I started this blog two years ago for our everyday life after the wedding and life got super super busy and forgot that I even had one until I logged into blogger with my email to follow another blog. I will fill you in on our back story and how we have found our self's to were we are today, expecting parents. :)

Our Back Story-
I am Bobbi and I am 20 years old. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and ready for this emotional roller coaster to be over. I have had a very very rough pregnancy.  My husband is Johnathon he is 23 years old. We got married in July of 2010. We knew that we were going to be married one day so we got married very quickly. It felt right and we both agreed that we wouldn't have it any other way. It was our way and it was special to us. I remember on our wedding day that I wasn't stressed or nervous I was just ready to see my husband after spending the day away from him. When we finally got to be together again I don't think I stopped smiling. We had a smaller wedding but the church was packed with people. I can say that I married my soul mate. :) We have two fur babys. One is a pit mix and her name is Penny and then we have a Cocker Spaniel named Harley.  Well fast forward a bit. On February 28th we found out that we were going to be having a baby. I called Johnathon at work and told him while he was at Wal-mart. He was still working the 4 pm to 1 am shift. He was so excited. I then called my mom and told her that I was for sure pregnant. I had been telling her for two weeks that I was pregnant but all of my tests were coming up negative. She said i was too stressed and that it was throwing my period off. I couldn't help but rub it in that I in fact was pregnant! LOL. Based on my last period they said I was going to be due some time around October 26th. At our first Ultrasound they told me that I was due around November 8th. I was bummed that it was pushed back about two weeks but I was still so excited that we were going to be having our very own special bundle of joy I didn't really care. We told his family and it went better then what we thought it would. His sister was upset and we figured that she would be but things have completely changed from the beginning and I think she is now getting really really excited. We are very thankful for the family we have and that our baby is going to grow up in a loving healthy environment. 
  
About my pregnancy-
Around ten weeks pregnant my all day sickness set in. It was so bad all day I couldn't eat or drink anything. I was trying to drink coke because when my tummy is upset it always seemed to help, Nah it didn't pregnancy won that battle. I finally bucked up and called my OB-GYN. I asked them if there was something I could do to help with it. I had tried all the natural cures to it and NOTHING helped. Most of it made me even sicker. They put me on one type of medication and it didn't touch it. I still had the all day sickness. I had seen were several ladies on my Due Date Club had mentioned that they took Zofran and it was the best stuff you could get your hands on for Morning/All day sickness. So I called back to my OB-GYN and they gave me Zofran. When I got my first pill it was like instant relief from the sickness. Then at around 20 weeks I passed out. We still have no clue as to why I did but I stood up to answer my front door turned around and fell right threw my coffee table and I woke up on my belly. I don't know if I landed on the tummy or what but the baby was ok we went to the ER and they did a Ultrasound and there was our little monkey all big and looked like a baby instead of a gummy bear! Then I had my Gestational Diabetes test done around 26 weeks That was August 2nd. I failed the test and it was also the last day that I took my Zofran! So all day sickness from 10 weeks until 26 weeks and a failed 1 hour Glucose test. The next week I went and took the 3 hour test and it was the hardest thing I had been through. The drink wasn't all that bad. I found out that I would rather drink it warm then cold. What was bad was the sugar overload in your empty system. I was so tired and I slept through the hour intervals in the waiting room. :O But the stuff made me feel so yucky. I finally got the call 3 days later that I had passed the 3 hour. I had completely changed my diet and what I was drinking until I knew I passed the 3 hour test. We had just had our 30 week appointment on August 30th and we had Ultra Sound that day because the appointment before that I was measuring bigger then what I was suppose to. We found out that the baby was measuring a little big but also right on track. They didn't change my due date they said that he had a big Buddha belly and big solders and head. I am glad that he is measuring right on track but also big at the same time. That means that I am doing my job! I have only gained 4 pounds from start to to now. I know I should gain some more by the end of the pregnancy but I am pretty happy with were my weight is at being pregnant. We also found out at the ultrasound that Monkey's left Kidney was measuring bigger then the right one. My doctor said that he is pretty sure that everything will be ok and its pretty normal with little boys. YUP! We found out on or around June 21st we found out that our little monkey that my body hated me for making was going to be a BOY. Everyone just knew that he was a she! 

It took us almost a month and a half to come up with this baby's name! After long nights of searching thousands and thousands of names and listening to people say oh name him this or that. We finally came up with Johnathan Cole. We will call him Cole so he is named after his daddy and daddy's family tradition with the "J" name but he also has his own name to go by. If he wants to go by Johnathan when he gets into school we are ok with that. :) 

This is just a little bit about us. I will post a update later on this evening with my 31 week update and some pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for starting your blog back up :) I'm excited to follow your journey. Sorry its been so rough on you but you're in the final countdown now!!

    ReplyDelete