Monday, September 10, 2012

My Hospital Bags-


So as every first time mom wonders when is the right time to pack the Hospital bags and what all do I really need in them? Seeing as how I have never had to worry about packing a hospital bag or anything like that I had NO idea what I was going to pack. So I decided that at 35 weeks I would start buying the things I need to take to the hospital with us and I would start packing and I plan to have everything done and in them by 37ish weeks. As soon as they are complete I am going to put them in the car.

Everyone has different opinions on what to take to the hospital, So I made a list from a BUNCH of other lists and here is what is going in my bag.

  • My insurance info & Photo ID
  • My contacts & Solution
  • Shampoo & Conditioner
  • Tooth Brush & tooth paste
  • Lotion
  • Deodorant
  • Flip Flops
  • Comfortable Clothes (IE Sweat pants and lose shirt)
  • Daddy's Pillow 
  • My laptop & Charger
  • Camera & Charger
  • Chap-stick because the hospitals are so dry
  • Gum
  • My Special blanky
  • Warm Socks
  • Pads that are not 3000 inches thick
  • Breast Cream & Breast Pads
  • Cell Phone & Charger ( I am going to buy a new Charger to leave in the bag)
  • Nursing Bra
  • Yoga Ball ( If my hospital will let me)
  • Snack Foods & Drinks
  • Pony Tail Holders
  • Towels
  • Hair Brush
  • Extra Undies
I am going to write down everything in my bag for my nurses with a check list spot next to the item, I know they are rushed and don't really have time to inventory everything I feel the need to bring.  I am also going to leave the bags in the car until we are admitted and everything is a "for sure going to happen tonight thing".

Cole's bag-
  • 2 different outfits size NB and 0-3
  • 4 onesies (to layer with)
  • some of his burp cloths
  • His Boppy Billow
  • Several Swaddling Blankets
  • A blanket for over him in his Car Seat
I think that is really all I am going to take for him.  Daddy will be coming home at night so if we need anything he can bring it back up to me.

I have however made my list of people who I am going to call when it is go time. I am not going to call everyone as I do not want everyone and their brother at the hospital waiting for Cole to make his entrance. It could be anywhere from a 1 hour to 36 hours for all we know and I just really want to be with my husband and very close family members. After the people I call get to the hospital I will then see how things are going and then give the go ahead to call others but It will be made clear that no one else will be allowed at the hospital. My list includes
  • My Mom and Step Dad
  • Johnathon's Parent's and Sister
  • My Aunt Jamie
  • My Nana
  • Aunt Sam
I feel like everyone can wait until we all get settled and everything is made sure is OK and things are going fine. As soon as we know whats going on other phone calls can be made and it be made clear not to come up to the hospital until the baby is born. This may be a bitch move but I am the one in labor and I don't handle stress all the best and I am sure everyone will be getting heads snapped, especially Johnathon, I am going to apologize before. :P I just don't want to deal with a lot of people in and out. Then I will post a Facebook update and then I will be updating my Due Date Buddy who will then also update the other Due Date Girls. 
Well I think that's it for this post.

Thanks for Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment